Hey! Is your anxiety rising as the midterms loom nearer? The negative TV ads playing havoc with your piece of mind? Even with the tremendous efforts to elect women and get out the vote by W.C.C.W (We Can Change the World – one vote at a time) and the Alliance, we won’t know until November 7th how it all shakes out. So let’s stay busy. Here are a few suggestions for the last push before our victory party:
- W.C.C.W has numerous activities these last three weeks before Election Day to put your nervous energy to good use. (Pop-up Banners, Lit drops, GOTV initiatives, etc.) Here’s where you can sign up for GOTV shifts on Nov 3-5: https://tinyurl.com/WCCW-GOTV. For other activities, contact WCCW at WCCW.firstname.lastname@example.org
- As Lonnie Weaver-Johnson, one of our Alliance members suggested, we can do some phone banking. Each of us can go through our contacts and text friends and relatives reminding them to vote. The more personal the messages, of course, the bigger the impact.
- Share post on your personal Facebook page that inspires, motivates, pushes people to vote. Here are a couple suggestions: Obama Doesn’t Have Time for These 7 Excuses Not to Vote, 10 Reasons to Vote, Why Vote?
- Spread the Facts. Here are some basic talking points about the major issues we want our elected officials to address: Get the Facts
- Talk to people one on one. Help them visualize their plan to vote. Be sure to include 1) When they need to Vote (Nov.6th) 2) Help them locate their polling location 3) Get them to make a voting plan.
- When you are feeling extra anxious, take a break. I recommend a walk in the woods. Nature remains apolitical and this time of year the crisp air really clears your head.
– Peg Ludtke, Secretary