- This event has passed.
Run Like a Girl 5K Event
September 29 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am$35
MSP NOW has provided this information about the event:
Date And Time: Sun, September 29, 2019, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM CDT
Location: Como Park, 1360 Lexington Pkwy North, Saint Paul, MN 55103
Link to registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/run-like-a-girl-5k-2019-registration-60024241121
“The Run Like a Girl 5K is back for our third year!
When women run for office, they win at the same rates as men. And when they win, they tend to be great at their jobs.
- Female politicians are more likely to say they entered politics because of a specific policy concern, which means they’re focused on actually getting stuff done.
- Women are more likely to sponsor bills, and they tend to keep their proposals alive longer, even when they’re in the minority party.
- They’re more likely to reach across the aisle and collaborate with their colleagues to get results.
So, basically, we need more people to run like girls.
Run Like a Girl will be held at Como Park on Sunday, September 29th at Lake Como in St Paul. Registration begins at 8am, pre-race program will start at 8:45am. Race officially starts at 9am.
Registration fees include a Run Like a Girl t-shirt*, running bib, and post-race snacks. Please be sure to stick around after the race to hear from some amazing elected officials and candidates!
- You don’t want to miss the pre-race program! Be sure to check in early to ensure you can hear from our inspirational speakers. Our 2018 event included Senator Amy Klobuchar and former director of Planned Parenthood Cecile Richards — 2019 speakers to be announced soon.
- This is a path-based fun run, no chip timing available. We will have a large clock available for self-timing at the starting/finish line.
- The race course is perfect for runners and walkers of all ability levels! One lap around Lake Como is 2.5K, two laps is a 5K. Choose your own adventure — we just ask that runners start near the front, and walkers towards the back.
- Be sure to plan time to check out our tabling partners, vendors and sponsors!
- Parking around Lake Como is limited, so we encourage ridesharing, carpooling and public transit options as available to you.
- Check out the FAQ page for more race day information.
- Need special accomodations? Please let us know ASAP by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*NOTE: All race registrations include an official Run Like a Girl t-shirt! We encourage you to arrive early on race day to guarantee your desired size. Additional t-shirts are now available for purchase and can be picked up on race day.
SPEAKERS AND APPEARANCES
Check back soon!
BECOME A SPONSOR
Do you own a business (or know someone who does) and would like to consider sponsoring our event? Sponsorships help cover our event costs, allowing us to donate as much money as possible to WomenWinning. If you’re interested in sponsorship information, please send us a note at email@example.com.”